What is a Chamber of Commerce?
A Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization that unites businesses and professional people in an effort to expand the economy of an area. It must be understood that a Chamber of Commerce is PEOPLE. There is a place in the Chamber for members to get involved and accomplish collectively what no one of them could do alone, thereby creating a pool of resources from which to draw ideas, energies and finance. Today, Chambers of Commerce have become community organizations that recognize all the factors that affect their community.
Why join the DeSoto Chamber of Commerce?
Membership in the Desoto Chamber means much more than services and benefits for your business. Membership knits business men and women into the fabric of our community. Our members have a vision for the future of the DeSoto community, as well as their own businesses. They want to be part of an organization that aggressively promotes positive change on behalf of the entire Best Southwest area. Join us and be a part of the "in" crowd! You don't want to miss out!
The DeSoto Chamber of Commerce offers an environment for:
1. Networking - Meet people at multiple events each month. The Chamber of Commerce is the only environment in which you can have contact with the Mayor and Council members of the City of DeSoto, the Superintendent of the DeSoto ISD, the Executive Director of the DeSoto Economic Development Corporation, the President of the Chamber, and many executives of businesses in DeSoto in one place.
2. Building Relationships - In this era of relationship marketing, building relationship with potential clients and customers is essential to your business' growth and expansion.
3. Involvement - Voice your opinions. Learn what others think and then work towards a common goal on committees, task forces, and community groups.
4. Visibility - Expose your business to a wider audience of business owners and decision makers. Enhance your name recognition. Expand your business with listings on the world wide web through the online membership directory.
5. Business Contacts - Enlarge your circle of influence in the business community by meeting others at Chamber functions and working together on committees and projects. Your business is referred twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week online, as well as by phone, fax or email.
6. Community - Heighten your knowledge of how DeSoto operates by reading the Chamber's monthly Business News online. Stay informed on how your business is affected by local, state, and federal policies.
7. Helping Others - Extend a hand to assist another business member. Be a mentor. Share with others how you achieved your goals. Lead by example.
8. Exchanging Ideas - Speak your mind. Direct attention to those things that need improvement in the city.
9. Making a Difference - Be part of the solution. Help move individuals and organizations forward towards future progress.
10. Partnering with Like-minded People - Share the load. Work together.
Click here to download the 10 Reasons to Invest in the DeSoto Chamber in PDF format.